About Me

I am a wife of 12 years to my hubby. I am a mother of 7 blessings. I have 5 boys...yes 5 boys and one girl, and 1 baby we lost to early to know. My youngest 2 children are in Heaven. We found out at 15 1/2 weeks that our Sweet Son, Isaac had passed. He had no heartbeat and had went to be with the Lord. We found out at 7 weeks that we lost Baby Sweet Pea due to no heartbeat as well. Both losses within 14 weeks of each other. I pray everyday to try and be the Godly wife and mother I know God planned for me to be. I am still a work in progress.

Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

September 2, 2011

A Poem for Isaac


A Sweet Friend of Mine wrote this poem for Isaac when she started to make a little Blanket for Isaac. When we found out Isaac had died, she gave the original blanket to her daughter. I asked before I knew she had given it to her Daughter, if we could still have the blanket. I wanted to put it in Isaac's Keepsake Box. She told me she had given it to her Daughter. She figured Isaac would want someone to be able to use his Blanket. I am not sure I told her this, but it is what I thought when she wrote that. That I believe Isaac would love that such a beautiful and sweet little girl was blessed with the Blanket made and covered with Prayers during his short Life.

So anyways, after she knew we would have loved to have had the blanket, she asked if we would mind if she made a smaller blanket made from the yarn that was left over. I said of course! As she was making the blanket, she noticed that the yarn was coming unraveled. She wrote the poem below because of it and because of Isaac's short life.

I wanted to share it with my readers. Thank you sweet Karen!! It means so much to our family!!!

For Isaac Nathaniel and his Family with love


“Unraveled”

Written by Karen S.


Once there was a ball of yarn that started perfect as can be,

Purchased to make a gift for a little baby yet to be.

The maker (Karen) started crocheting an afgan; made with love and from the heart,

Only to discover that the yarn’s threads had unraveled apart.


Once there was a baby, who started perfect as can be.

He was prayed for and deeply longed for; to be part of a special family tree.

The Maker (God) was knitting the baby together in his mother’s womb, right from the start, Only to discover the ceasing of the little child’s beating heart.


Once there was a baby who was planned for with faith, hope and a prayer

Planned for by his parents, who could not wait to have him there.

The Maker’s (God) plans were different than what all would have hoped,

For plans for the baby’s arrival soon unraveled like a rope.


For when life’s plans unravel and things won’t turn out like we thought they should,

Our Maker’s (G0d) ever planning to work all things for our good.

For our Maker is the one who takes every unraveled part

And, is the only one who can mend all that has unraveled, even a broken heart.


Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment