About Me

I am a wife of 12 years to my hubby. I am a mother of 7 blessings. I have 5 boys...yes 5 boys and one girl, and 1 baby we lost to early to know. My youngest 2 children are in Heaven. We found out at 15 1/2 weeks that our Sweet Son, Isaac had passed. He had no heartbeat and had went to be with the Lord. We found out at 7 weeks that we lost Baby Sweet Pea due to no heartbeat as well. Both losses within 14 weeks of each other. I pray everyday to try and be the Godly wife and mother I know God planned for me to be. I am still a work in progress.

Followers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Coping with a Due Date and No Baby

Well, Isaac due date is January 6, 2012. His due date is also our 11th Anniversary. It is so hard to know the "due date" is coming and no baby to show for it. I still wonder why God would allow our Son's Due Date to be our Anniversary. Why would he allow that day to have such a sad reminder?

We would have taken Isaac by c-section on December 28, 2011. I picked that day because, Aaron is the 26th of his birth month and Samuel is the 30th of his birth month. I liked having the day in the middle. But we never got there. But it still hurts to know that our Isaac should be here in 11 days. That I would be holding him in 11 days. I'm not sure how I will do that day. Will I be ok, or will I cry all day?

With Christmas just around the corner, I want to just hide from it all. But I can't. I have 5 precious children that want and need their Momma. They deserve to have a wonderful Christmas. So I keep going. I have done all my shopping and most of the wrapping. I'm excited to see their faces on Christmas Morning. They won't get allot and won't be anything big. But their grateful to get something.

I never realized how hard it is to hear Christmas Music after you lost a baby(ies). Hearing about Baby Jesus and knowing that your babies are not with you. It is hard. But I'm grateful to know that my babies are dancing with Jesus right now!! They get to spend their 1st Christmas with God and Jesus. How amazing is that??!! But I still miss my babies.

I still want to run away when I see pregnant mommas. More now than before. Because it just makes me think, "I should be big and pregnant right now". It makes my heart hurt. But I know that God is still holding me. I couldn't do it without God. And I always wonder how other Mommas do it, if they don't know God. What do they hold onto? What do they put their Faith in? Where do they think their baby is? How do they cope without knowing the truth?

I'm grateful for the promise that God will never leave me or forsake me during my time of sadness and grieving. He will always be there for me. He lets me be mad, sad, and hurt. He waits with me until I can cope. He doesn't grow tired of my sadness or pain. He doesn't tell me to move on and get over it. He understands my pain. He feels my pain.

So as our 1st Christmas passing without our Isaac and Sweet Pea, I'm learning how to cope and heal. It is definally a learning process. But with God, I can do it!

Christi

2 comments:

  1. You are so strong. I know that you are, and will be an inspiration to others who may face this incredibly hard loss as well. Hang in there, God is still holding you close.

    Hugs, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continue on with you in prayers. Have a sweet Christmas.

    ReplyDelete