About Me

I am a wife of 12 years to my hubby. I am a mother of 7 blessings. I have 5 boys...yes 5 boys and one girl, and 1 baby we lost to early to know. My youngest 2 children are in Heaven. We found out at 15 1/2 weeks that our Sweet Son, Isaac had passed. He had no heartbeat and had went to be with the Lord. We found out at 7 weeks that we lost Baby Sweet Pea due to no heartbeat as well. Both losses within 14 weeks of each other. I pray everyday to try and be the Godly wife and mother I know God planned for me to be. I am still a work in progress.

Followers

Monday, December 17, 2012

What to tell your kids...

I asked on Facebook about what to tell our kids and if to tell them at all about what happened on Friday.  I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted them to know.  But after talking to my husband and people commenting.  We decided to tell them.  We wanted to be the ones to tell them and not kids on the bus, at recess, or at lunch.

So we sat the 4 older ones down (5th grade to 1st grader) and talked to them.  Our youngest (kindergartner) we left out of the conversation.  We just felt like he was too young.  We sat them down and asked what they knew about Friday.  Unfortunately one of them had seen a couple of minutes from a news program before we knew what was going on.  So he knew more. 

They said there was a bad man that came into a school and shot kids and teachers.  They asked some questions about where the school was, and why they person would hurt kids.  We asked them who protects them at school?  They said God.  And we said your right.  God was right there with those kids and teachers.  We told them how the teacher helped save so many of those children by hiding them.  We used that to tell them, to make sure to listen to your teachers.  If something like this ever happens. please do as your teacher tells you.  We only answered the questions they asked.  And as boys they asked about the guns and such.  We just tried to be brief and not go into a lot of details.

I know there was more to our conversation, but I am sick right now.  And my brain isn't working well.  But basically we talked about putting your faith in God and not to worry about what might happen.  We told them something like this could happen anywhere to anyone.  And you have to be aware of what is happening around you.  You see something or hear something that makes you scared, you hide or find a teacher.  You don't try to be the hero right now.

This is what I posted on FB today:

Even before Friday, I have Faith in God to protect my children at school. Does that mean that I believe God will never let anything happen to them? No. What it means is that, I trust God to take care of them according to His Will. I know that no matter what happens, God will be there with my children.

What happened Friday gave us the opportunity to talk to our kids about the fact that we are NOT promised tomorrow. But what He does promise is that He will never let us go through it alone. He will be there to comfort us, hold us, and in the end take us up to Heaven when he calls us home.

We continue to pray for those families. For what those little kids saw, heard, and felt. We pray for the teachers that survived, protected their children, and those that lost their lives protecting the children. We need to live each day for what it is, a gift! Each day we have with our children is a gift. So cherish them!




Do I worry about my kids at school?  Sometimes.  All the time no.  Why?  Because I feel like God will keep harm from my kids at all times?  No.  Because I know all to well, that God calls children home far too early.  I have lost 2 babies before I ever got to hold them.  So I know that God doesn't promise us any tomorrow with any of our kids to family.  But I refuse to live my life in fear.  And that's why I told our kids.  You can't live your life in fear.  None of us our promised anything, so live your life each day to the fullest.  Live each day doing what God has called you to do and be grateful for what you have.  But I will never sit and just allow myself to think about all the awful things that can happen.  I have Faith that God will protect my children.  Even if that means protecting them to the point of taking them back to Heaven with Him.  I pray that I will have a lifetime with them before that ever happens.

My heart and prayers go out to the Families of Newtown.  May God continue to comfort you, heal you, and hold you all!!













No comments:

Post a Comment